Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

So I missed last weeks Top Ten Tuesday, but I liked the topic, so  we're going to revisit it anyway. Here are my Top Ten  Five Most "Unique" books I've read. In no particular order...





1. Salted by Aaron Galvin 
This was actually one of my recent reviews (seen here), but it is still one of the more unique takes on mermaid's I've seen. I loved the diverse cast of characters, and the premise felt really original.

2. Luckbane by Tony Breeden
This book is sort of like High Fantasy meets Urban Fantasy. I love the way the mythological type setting is incorporated with a somewhat futuristic/sci-fi/dystopian feel. The world feels really well thought out, and while it has taken some time for me to get into it, I've enjoyed it so far.

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
If you haven't read it, read it. I love the twist this gives to classic fairy tales, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

4. The Selection by Kiera Cass
The prompt is most unique, not best! What was unique about this book was it was one of the rare stories that you could read the back cover, and that pretty much is the entire story. Nothing new was really revealed plot-wise. We don't understand what these attackers want! Will she be chosen? End of book. Still don't know.

5. Thirteen Orphans by Jane Lindskold
Great series, extremely unique mix of folklore, fantasy, and a real world element. Believable and creative. Read it.

1 comment:

  1. Thirteen Orphans sounds so intriguing. I'll have to check that out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete