Friday, April 4, 2014

April is the Month of...Busy?

So I've seen a few other Bloggers doing their Month in Review features, but I thought I'd do something different. This is sort of a 'Monthly Preview' of things to look forward to with my blog this month!

News
First of all, the sad news: I may be a little slower on reviews in the first few weeks here. Usually I can finish a book in a day or two, but I'm doing a few beta reads right now, so those will take up time, and the results won't be showing themselves here on the blog. If you're curious how those are going, you can see my little progress bars on the sidebar, but other than their disappearance and reappearance, it's sort of a behind-the-scenes adventure. 

The good news is, I should have some fresh new background art here within a few weeks! I have been working on a new piece of art, and I'm hoping that will work well for the blog! It's always hard to tell if I'll like it or not until I finish something though. If I put it up and decide it really looks bad for some reason, I will at least post a link to it so you can see. In the meantime, here is a WIP to enjoy.

Book Haul/Upcoming Reviews
Last month, I had tons of review requests come in. I apologize to anyone who came in near the end of the scramble; I appreciate the patience everyone is showing. It is hard trying to pick and choose what to read, but as much as I'd love to take on every book, I just wouldn't have enough time. One week I  had an average of three new requests every morning when I woke up, which made it hard to try and decide which ones to accept. I've been on the other side of those requests, hoping someone would read my work, so it always sucks to be the one saying no. 

Beyond the books I pick up via review requests, I also have a few books in my bookshelves from other outlets as well: Oyster, the book subscription I use, Netgalley, and then general book shopping. As much as I adore the authors I get to review for, sometimes I just need to read something because it caught my eye all on its own. It's also nice to read books in the mainstream market, because then I don't feel quite as much pressure about my own review. It's nice to watch it drift into the masses.

Anyway, in no particular order, here are a few of the titles I have to read in the next few weeks. I tried to pick a few from the various outlets I collected them from:



General Author News
So, I'm doing a few shows this week; another reason for my busy-ness. I have a book signing, and I'm doing some comic cons, as well as an art show. Yay! Oh, and graduation is around the corner. I guess that's important. 

My book giveaway is ending in 15 days, so don't forget to check that out! Otherwise, I will have new reviews and posts for you in the near future. If anyone is actually reading this, thanks for checking out my blog! I will try not to be too sporadic in the upcoming days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment