Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Books on My Spring 2014 Reading List

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

So this is my first time participating in one of these weekly memes, but this just seemed like fun. I have plenty of books on my To-Read list, and these are the Top-Ten I'm looking forward to Spring. 


1. Cress
I've actually bee putting this one off for awhile, because I know I won't be able to read anything else until it's finished. The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series right now. Worst part about reading it? Once I have, I have to wait for the final book. 

2. Glitch
This was one of the few e-books I went out and bought this year, and it snuck it's way to the top of my reading list. It is a unique twist on a zombie novel and when I read the sample, I was hooked. 

I picked this story up on Netgalley, and the premise was really unique. Again, this one snuck it's way up my reading list. I really like the main character and the writing style is refreshing.

This is one of the books that I received directly from the author. Sometimes I find these exciting because they have a sort of 'fresh feel to them, and I love looking at books before everyone else gets to them. 



This was a deal on BookBub, but it caught my interest back when I saw it up in a Goodreads giveaway. Look at that cover!

This was a book I won through a Goodreads giveaway, and I love the simplistic cover. The plot seems unique as well. 


7. Legacy
This is a story I picked up through a review program.  The cover is really stunning, and I hope the writing lives up to it!

8. Eve
I get on dystopian kicks, and this was one of the few in that category that seemed the most promising. Hopefully it'll rise where some of the last few dystopians fell apart for me!

 


This was another book I found in Oyster. I needed some variety to my reading list, so this is one I'm hoping could function as a light buffer between heavier novels. 

10. Life II
This is one of the review requests I received. I am curious to see how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I still haven't read Scarlet since my copy of Cinder is a paperback and I don't think Scarlet in paperback editions have been released in my country yet. Lost Voices and Nefertiti's heart both have amazing covers so I'm definitely checking those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, that is what delayed me so long when I was reading Scarlet! The paperback was finally released here last month, but now I'm impatient and decided I'll just get the ebook until they release the next paperback.

      Delete